Caesar Creek Nature Center Volunteer Interest Form
Thank you for your interest in Volunteering with the Caesar Creek Nature Center. Below is a description of some of the Volunteer Opportunities which we have. Please review the descriptions below to choose the area(s) you are interested in volunteering.
- Nature Center Host – As a host, you will greet visitors and answer their questions about the Nature Center and the park in general. Nature Center hours vary seasonally.
- Animal Care – The Nature Center has two raptors and several reptiles that require daily care and feeding. Instructions will be provided.
- Trail Maintenance – Our trail crew is out at least once a week working on repairs to the trails and water crossings. You will work with a team to assist in trail maintenance.
- Water Sports – Assist in teaching visitors how to use a canoe, kayak, SUP, or Hobie Cat. Seasonal opportunities are available for orientation.
- Hiking Host – Help the Park Naturalist to educate and guide visitors on hikes through the park. Themed hikes include wildflowers, wild edibles, bird watching and more.
- Special Events – Opportunities are available to assist the Park Naturalist with a variety of special programs throughout the year. Some programs will be led by experienced/certified volunteers however, it is helpful to have other volunteers present to help with waivers and organizing equipment. Programs range from small group events, such as women’s backpacking and outdoor cooking to larger events such as school group visits and the annual Meteor Shower camp out. (Note: archery and raptor handling require separate training and certification.)